Commercial building Construction
Where do we acquire a permit?City of Chesapeake
Division of Developing & Permits
City Hall second Floor
306 Cedar Path
Chesapeake, VA 23322
Hours: Monday - Friday 8 a.m. - 5 p.m.
Mobile: 757-382-6018 757-382-8424 757-382-6890
What should I bring upon notice of plan endorsement?
A building license application is going to be prepared by a Building Official. To start the license procedure, bring the next documents:
- Approved last site program from Development & Permits/Development Engineering
- Virginia State Contractor's License
- City of Chesapeake Company License
- Out-of-state contractors must acquire a City of Chesapeake Business License
- Other Virginia municipality city company permit is recognized through to the threshold of contract value work conducted in Chesapeake collects to $25, 000.00 in a season; if this agreement worth is reached, a Chesapeake City Business License is required.
Upon the arrival in the division of developing & Permits, a Senior Code Compliance Inspector will issue a permit application after conducting a zoning review. You may go to the Development Construction Division regarding 3rd flooring of City Hall for a Land Disturbance allow and bonding requirements and repayments. After that, you will make payments for water, sewer and HRSD in the Department of Public Utilities. After payment to Development Construction and Public Utilities, could return to the division of developing & allows for creating permit issuance from building official.
Simply how much does the license cost?
- The minimal charge is $40.00.
The permit charge relies upon square video footage associated with structure. The minimum charge is an administrative charge of $40.00 for providing each permit, plus an extra $10.00 per 100 sqft or fraction thereof.
For instance: For a brand new commercial building with 14, 000 square feet, the cost would be:14, 000/100 = 140