Residential Building Project
Brand New Houses:
Whenever building a unique home in Santa Cruz it is essential to understand ahead of time the Public Functions improvements in public right-of-way that will be required as a condition of building license and what must show up on your plans. What's needed are below:
- Install new or repair existing curb, gutter, and sidewalk per City standards. For brand new sidewalk set up, if the home line across the frontage is scheduled back 7 legs or higher from back of curb, a landscape strip between the curb and sidewalk is needed. To learn more please go to Residential Street Trees & Landscaping.
- Replace non-conforming driveway method with a City standard driveway approach. Corner lots shall put in a City standard disabled accessibility ramp on corner.
- If the garage and driveway are available to a general public street then the house owner shall offer asphalt tangible paving of this street along the home frontage.
- Installing of a new City standard street light could be required if a current light in the direct proximity of your home is installed on a PG&E wooden energy pole. For new Home building all resources needs to be put underground.
- Aside from the enhancement needs additionally, there are storm liquid demands for minimal Impact developing (LID) is integrated into the design as specified in the City’s most readily useful Management techniques Manual for Single-Family Home Projects.
Additions and Remodels:
When building an addition or remodeling your house it is essential to understand what is going to trigger improvements when you look at the general public right-of-way. If the task will both increase the conditioned floor space by 50% or raise the part of conditioned floor space by 500 square feet or maybe more, some or all the above problems are needed. Reference
Brand New Garage:
When constructing an innovative new detached storage it is considered by Public actively works to be a brand new framework (despite size) and it is therefore subject to exactly the same requirements as established above per the municipal signal.
Accessory Home Unit (ADU):
Whenever building a new detached ADU its considered by Public Works to be a unique structure (no matter size) and it is therefore at the mercy of similar needs as established above per the municipal code.