Residential Construction Projects
Home / Mitigation / household Construction Mitigation system
Brand New Communications
Responding to State Procurement
Mitigation - Household Construction Mitigation Program
The household Construction Mitigation Program (RCMP) receives $7 million yearly from the Florida Hurricane Catastrophe Trust Fund (ch. 215.559, Florida Statutes):
- To $3.4 million is usually to be used to increase the wind resistance of residences through financial loans, subsidies, funds, demonstration projects, direct support, and cooperative programs with neighborhood and federal governments. This program is created in coordination with Advisory Council whoever users include associates from Florida Association of Counties, the Florida Department of Insurance, the Federation of Manufactured Home Owners, the Florida made Housing Association, the Florida Insurance Council, as well as the Florida Residence Builders Association.
- $2.8 million is designated the Cellphone Residence Tie-Down Program. Centered on legislative directive the Division of crisis control gives the investment right to Tallahassee Community university (TCC). By statute, TCC makes a different report for Governor together with Legislature on these directives
- $700, 000 is designated for Hurricane analysis is conducted by Florida Global University (FIU) to keep the development of a cutting-edge research of a full-scale structural testing to ascertain built-in weakness of frameworks when put through categories 1 to 5 hurricane-force winds and rain, causing brand-new technologies, designs and services and products.
Categories Qualified Under RCMP
Household Mitigation Retrofit Program
Through partnering with regional housing authorities and non-profit companies, the Division is in a position to promote wind minimization and provide danger minimization updates to residents. Funded tasks feature retrofits, inspections, and construction or adjustment to build elements built to increase a structure’s capacity to withstand hurricane-force winds. The Retrofit system makes use of the Florida Building Code as its standard for many retrofitting.
The RCMP encompasses projects that may market community education and public information about wind mitigation and wind mitigation related places. This also includes:
- Repair and improvement of wind mitigation online information and system exposure
- Teaching individuals in regards to the Florida Building Code cooperative programs with regional governments and also the Federal Government
- Training in regard to breeze mitigation practices, services and products and procedures, codes and standards, and relevant areas
ELIGIBLE APPLICANTS/ PROJECTS:
Give funds granted beneath the RCMP qualify as state financial support beneath the Florida solitary Audit Act. See Part 215.971, Florida Statutes. The Catalog of State Financial Assistance number (CSFA#) for RCMP is 31.066. Due to the fact Legislature gives the Division with RCMP funds through the grants and aid appropriation group, eligible proposers under this RFP consist of government entities, nonprofit businesses, and skilled for-profit companies; individual home owners are ineligible to make use of.
- DEADLINE TO APPLY:
- CONTRACT/GRANT DURATION:
Agreements and funds can start anytime during financial year, but must be ended by June 30 of the same financial 12 months. Their state financial 12 months is July 1 through Summer 30.
Give Control Tools
Reimbursement and Reporting Types
Attachment D - Obtain Reimbursement
Attachment E - Reason of Advance Payment
Attachment F - Quarterly Report
Accessory H - Official Certification Regarding Debarment, Suspension, Ineligibility and Voluntary Exclusion